"Oh, that thou wouldest rend the heavens, that thou wouldest come down that the mountains might flow down at thy presence" (Isa. 64:1,2). You will observe that in that prayer of the prophet two fundamental things are suggested. That unless God comes down, mountains will not flow, and sinners will not tremble. But if God comes down, if God manifests His power, if God shows His hand, if God takes the field, mountains will flow...mountains of indifference, mountains of materialism, mountains of humanism, will flow before His presence, and nations, not just individuals, but nations, shall be made to tremble. - Duncan Campbell (1898-1972)
We are at an unprecedented time where any serious follower of Christ can see what's happening around them. While the moral climate of the community has been degenerating for years, it seems like it has sped up headlong these past few years. Society is at a loss as to what to do. Is there any hope for America that seems to self-destruct with the vast chasms in social issues, gender issues, ungodliness, crime, racism, politics and a Church that seems to go along to get along with no real power like we read of in the book of Acts. We as Christians have more resources at our disposal with the internet, blogs, books etc. than any past generation put together and yet we are the most powerless in the face of sin.
In Habakkuk 3 the prophet in heart-cry calls out "O Lord, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O Lord, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy." That last phrase speaks of the need for the people of God who are genuinely concerned for the state of the nation, the plight of lost souls into an eternal hell and the powerlessness of our Church programs and activities to keep the next generation.
This is a desperate plea and a humble call for gathering a solemn assembly to prayer. And this is for the very reason that God will raise a few of the faithful, His remnant to recognize the need and call for a corporate tide of prayer and action that is obedient to how God moves us.
This is just a resource to help set some format to the charge that God has for us, but more importantly to follow His call. For the preservation of truth to the next generation, for God's people, for our children and for the supreme glory of God alone.
1. See the Need: God has a desire to revive His church, and He has done it again and again in response to His people calling on His name in humble supplication.
2. We are at a crossroads for the soul of America to stand in the gap and make up the hedge. Pray asking God for direction and wisdom.
3. Plan to host a corporate prayer meeting at your Church or facility from 7p onwards, every Friday or a day and time that works for your congregation.
4. The desire is for God to come as He has promised. "For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground:" - Isaiah 44:3
5. Plan to be consistent and host it weekly as led by the Spirit of God. "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." - Galatians 6:9, "And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:" - Hebrews 10:24
Please Right Click and "Save Link As" to Download and use as needed